Nothing beats enjoying Australia Day with friends around the BBQ. Here are some great recipes for the grill!
BBQ prawns with mango mayonnaise
- King Prawns or Banana Prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1 1/2 tbs lemongrass paste
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red birdseye chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Combine prawns, olive oil, long chilli, if using, ginger, chopped coriander and 1 tbs of the lemongrass in a bowl. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, place half the mango in a food processor with the birdseye chilli, if using, mustard, egg yolk and remaining lemongrass. Process until smooth and well combined. With the motor running, add the vegetable oil in a thin, steady stream until combined and mixture is thick and smooth. Add lime juice. Process until combined. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the prawns, in 2 batches, for 1-2 mins each side or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with the remaining mango and coriander leaves. Serve with the mayonnaise.
Recipe Source: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/bbq-prawns-mango-mayonnaise-recipe/bhms9zts
Curtis Stone’s BBQ lamb burgers with charred onion and capsicum
- 500g Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small brown onion, cut crossways into 1cm rings
- 1 small green capsicum, cut crossways into 1cm rings, seeded
- 4 Coles Hamburger Rolls, split
- 1/3 cup (100g) Coles Mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Coles Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage (160g)
Prepare a barbecue for high heat. Divide lamb into 4 portions. Shape each into a 1cm-thick patty. Brush with ½ tbs of the oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 1/2 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, coat onion and capsicum with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning as needed, for 8-10 mins or until charred and softened. Cook rolls, cut-side down, for 30 secs or until toasted.